Rock on Kansas City

Friday, June 11

Everyone has their problems.

I think I have an inability to own umbrellas. I have scant memories of umbrella possession from high school, but no one knows where any of them are. I received an umbrella for Chanukah last year (although I was with my mother when she purchased it) and it was amazing. Tiny, automatic up and down, and flat. Then I left it in PH 100 and went back to find someone else was living the life of rain redirection luxury. So I bought a crappy, yet overpriced, CMU umbrella from the bookstore in a panic in the next torrential downpoor. They had two that were small enough to fit in the self-determined umbrella pocket of my bookbag. One was leopard print, the other zebra stripes. I chose what I thought to be the lesser of two evils for a man most think to be homosexual before it starts raining and bought the zebra stripes. It was flimsy and sharp, but I couldn't bring myself to buy a new one after investing $20+ already. Then today it was drizzling so I pulled out the umbrella on the way to class. I couldn't bring myself to put it sopping wet into my bag when I got to class, so I set it on the floor presumably. I left and realized I didn't have it 20 min later after checking my email and walking to the end other end of Baker Hall. I went back to retrieve it because it was now pouring only to find it was not anywhere in the room. While I am now priveleged to have an excuse to replace it, I am also very wet.

I was walking back into my apartment the other day when I saw the old woman who lives across the hall from me talking, at a distance, to a similarly old woman in a wheelchair who was waiting for the elevator. I apparently entered in just before the end of their conversation because all I heard was the wheelchaired lady say, "Everyone has their problems" just before wheeling herself into the elevator. I don't know why, but it intrigued me as I opened the many locks required to gain entry to my room. I don't really know what else to say about it, but I thought it was interesting.

In other news, I have 4 and a half hours of work left and I think I may just beat Spybotics before I go. But I also have some homework to do, so we'll see how that goes.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home