Rock on Kansas City

Wednesday, October 19

When asked if I believe in God, I have come to answer that I believe in love. Am I destined to forever be distanced from the one thing I have desired in this world more than any other? Am I cursed to have loved so many times I forgot what love is?

Tom Robbins, when attempting to answer the question of how to make love stay, says, through Princess Leigh-Cheri, "The bottom line is that (a) people are never perfect, but love can be, (b) that is the one and only way that the mediocre and the vile can be transformed, and (c) that doing that makes it that. Loving makes love...We waste time looking for the perfect lover instead of creating the perfect love."

I feel like this is a truth that I have long considered but never quite understood. Why must the world be so full of potential failure masked as opportunity. I can't turn off my heart and that's not the only organ. I am so happy it makes me miserable. Everytime I think I have something my mind uncontrollably questions it, especially when fictional characters feel it more passionately in less time.

People ask what the meaning of life is but to me love is the only question worth asking. And the only question with no answer. To me, all questions are a variation of the one.

And on top of all this, I have to write a paper.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home