Rock on Kansas City

Wednesday, August 10

And there you have it.

I left Pittsburgh and it was weird. I realize I am coming back soon compared to some (Atom, for example). But it is still weird to think that I won't be there for a fall semester at CMU. I was driving home from a delicious home-cooked Indian dinner and thinking about how worried I was that I wouldn't make friends at school. It seems silly now, but at the time it didn't. I only had a handful of good friends in high school and really I didn't have any really good friends (i.e. people I could talk to about anything sort of deal) until my junior year. And now, I almost didn't go to Singapore because I didn't want to have to leave this place and these people for a whole 4 months. For 1/8 of my college career.

But I am very glad I am going. In the shower yesterday, I thought, "Man I really just need to get away from the world for a while. Maybe go live with monks for a week or something." Then I thought, "I could just go to another country that is far away and will give me a lot to concentrate on without worrying about the rest of my life back home. Like Singapore!" Everyone that has been there tells me I will enjoy it.

Wow, this post has quickly deteriorated into stories about thoughts of mine. Ok, let's move to bullets:

  • Pgh was, and always seems to be, amazing. Thanks again Scoot, Katie, Tarnizzle, Julie, Zach for providing food, shelter, or lending me things. And thanks everyone I saw for seeing me!

  • Between Dan Tasse's halfway to Singapore CD and Zach's "open for the taking" iTunes, I now have 346 new songs.

  • I am so freaking excited to spend 3 days in L.A. with the two best ladies who have never been to CMU.

  • Yesterday my mom and I dropped her car off at the dealer and I was leaving and there was a line of perfectly shiny SUVs right in front of my 4-ton death machine of a car. Oh, the wandering mind.

  • I just made a birthday card. It took me a number of hours and 3 photoshop files.

  • Nina, without realizing it, pointed out that yesterday was an anniversary of mine. I guess my uncle was only half right.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home