Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, August 4

Dear M. Truffaut

You never cease to amaze me. I have now seen two of your films, and I consider them both in at least my top 50 films of all time, maybe even top 25. To think that at 25, your first feature would win Best Director at Cannes, receive an Oscar nomination for writing, and be renowned as one of the cornerstones of the French New Wave. I only have 7 years left before I reach that age, and I see no such critical success in my future. Your portrayal of adolescence through the careful observation of youth is amazingly accurate. It made me desire the carefree life of mischief that I now assume all young French boys had.

I won't even begin to touch upon my introduction to your work, Day for Night, your largest critical success by far and a film near and dear to my heart as someone who has worked on a production (albeit theatre instead of film). Your talent inspires awe.

I have recently learned we existed on this Earth together for 7 months, which cast doubt upon my hopeful theory that perhaps you had been reincorporated as me. I hope your enjoying yourself where ever you are, and stealing all the typewriters you desire.

Sincerely,
Brian Gray

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home