Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, December 20

Wow Double Post.

I am like the Ken Tew of blogging. Anyway...

Sometimes I do wonder what it's all for. Authors, poets, musicians, scientist have tried to give answers to why we struggle with pain, love, and the pain that comes from the problems of love. But lately (and by this I mean the past 6 months or so), it's been hard for me to tell if it's been the happiest or the saddest time of my life. I have only been sad because I miss things or people who made me happy. I am only happy when I find new things or people who I will eventually be without (temporarily or permanently) which I know will make me sad.

But at the end of the day, I am really glad to be alive. I am so grateful to whom or whatever deserves my thanks that I am intelligent and that I do things for a reason. I may be bored or angsty or feel lonelier than ever shortly after feeling happy to be back around those who love me, but at the end of the day I feel like this time is really shaping who I will become. Good or bad, I feel glad that I am here to experience it. Maybe it's just hard to explain.

As was said by the main guy in Motorcycle Diaries, "Each moment seems split in two; melancholy for what was left behind and the excitement of entering a new land."

1 Comments:

  • nice blog. i love scooby doo too-- Yvonne ( Carrie's friend who sent u @ the airport- just in case u don't remember)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home