Rock on Kansas City

Friday, February 24

I got rants in my pants.

1. I have, since returning to this wintery climate 2 months ago, lost: 3 winter hats, three gloves (a pair + 1), one scarf. Of them, I have managed to find the scarf. This is not only leaving me cold, but also a bit sad. One of the hats was this blog's namesake.

2. I just had a "technical" screening. It is impossible to try to impress someone you have little respect for. As it was my second technical screening of two, it left a sour taste in my mouth. If the company wasn't so gigantic, I would probably reconsider wanting to work there. Why was it so ridiculous. Well,
  1. He was on AIM. Not only did I know this because he would pause mid-sentence, but he would dictate what he was typing into the window.
  2. He said the number one thing he likes about his job (besides money, because it's a job and everybody works for money)...
  3. He indicated that he enjoyed travelling in the past to get away from his wife
  4. The technical questions were not only easy and 2 in number, but one of my answers led him to ask me for more information, not as part of the question, but because he "just got a Java certification and wasn't sure." Further, the question was not really about Java so much as about a data structure you can write in any language.
  5. He ended the interview indicating his client was trying to get in touch with him, so if I didn't have anything further to say...
    Luckily I didn't.
3. I am sick and very tired and don't want to ever do another interview. Or do any of the 1800 things on my list for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home