Rock on Kansas City

Wednesday, May 11

Check please!

such an indescribable week i have had. my sister graduated. well, she walked. the guy who gave her speech was ron carter, who is apparently a big jazz bass player. i've never been to a college graduation before. i enjoyed it. he made me want to have spent four years dedicating my life to some kind of art. eh.

a weekend in boston (and $180 at h&m) later, i was home. it was, as it always is, emotional. i spent the week helping my mom clean up the basement (the last task that needs to be done before our house is on the market). it will be better for her, the new place, but i will be nothing but sad to have this house out of my life. we have been the only family to live in it, and have been here for 19 years.

i also watched some crappy crappy television as my mom only gets 20 channels. but i read a lot (both on the plane and home), finished metamorphosis (and the accompanying 10000000 pages of notes on the text) which kicked maximum ass. i am nearly finished with the burton biography and watched what the author called tim burton's greatest film to date and also one that few people have ever heard of or associate with burton. (sidebar: i discovered by a fluke of nature we all call hinkelman that the entire semester i have had both "vincent" and "frankenweenie" on a dvd in my apartment and didn't watch them). i read the first half of my transcendental meditation book. maybe nina's right and none of it's real. i may never "see far down the corridors of time into [my] past and future" but it does relax me. and i still have the "bagavad gita" waiting for which i am most eager.

what else? well i had coffee with my ex-girlfriend who i haven't seen in at least 2 years. that was interesting, to say the least. she's doing well. i had (more) coffee with 2 crazy ladies from my high school i see on occasion, lunch with a friend of mine who thinks i am insane now (though it is always nice to see her), and i bowled 3 games with non other than daniel j. tasse. i also saw sin city at long last and don't find it nearly as gory as people led me to believe it would be, though it was rife with castration.

at the end of the day, i feel so much love. it gets me nowhere but it exists. and love solves everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home