Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, February 15

LOADIN.

Somehow, through some unreasonable and upredictable set of inexorable circumstances, today was a good day. Even better than good.

The last 5 years, I have had a steady gf on Valentine's Day. Not that I am proud of it, but it is true. So naturally, I thought this might suck. But it didn't. In fact, I continued to scoff at those who say "I hate lovers and holidays!" just as much as I scoff at those who really love this silly day.

Who's to say why it was so good? Not me, but I do have some ideas. The other ones were all great in their own way. But it was the kind of thing that had been planned weeks or months ahead of time. Flowers, chocolates, restaraunts, and building a stool all have their plusses. But this year, I just sat back and felt the love.

This year's highlights:
* Hanging out with (and interviewing) two of my favorite people.
* Rebellion!
* The warmest bed that ever was (at least by comparison).
* The key to Hannah's heart. Which is made of chocolate.
* A letter.
* A number of lovely phone calls.
* My first male Valentine.
* Iced oatmeal cookies and bonding!
* What? Is that Civility I hear approaching 'round the bend?
* Having some help. Or should I say taking some help.

Ok, just fell asleep sitting up. Good night Wisconsin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home