Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, May 5

Don't get poop in your pants.

And the countdown begins to the rest of my life.

I feel like a lot of people are feeling this way. But despite some momentary glipses into the past I am overjoyed to leave behind, I feel like the past semester (and past few weeks especially) have really been the beginning to the way it's going to be. Or at least the way it's going to be for a while.

I would like to thank all of the wonderful people in the world. I don't spend all of my days happy, because that's not something a person can expect from life. But even the bad moments are filled with people being amazing to me. So as I sit in this Saturn dealership, unable to leave, I am reading blogs and reflecting.

I don't want to attempt to shout out all I love, but here's a few things that need to be said.

1) Scott and Katie, Katie and Scott, Skacotiotet. I am glad I don't have to be really pissed at Scott forever, for in the first week or two of Fall semester, I swore to do so if you ever fucked this up. You have in fact done quite the opposite. I love you both and have rarely been so happy about something that the thought of it still makes me spontaneously cry happy tears sometimes. But don't make fun of me, because I will punch you in the stomach.

2) Atom, Sarah Smith, and the beautiful zph. Creative writers are so sexy. You are all so talented it humbles me and I wish I could hang out with you thousands of more times for the rest of my life. With the exception of Ms. Smith, I am quite proud of the amount I managed to see you before the year came to a close, but I promise you I will hang out with all of you even more this summer.

3) Julie Brown. You are a god among men (and women). Keep your chin up and look forward to the greatness the next few months will bring you.

4) Ram S. Subramanian. I would have been jealous last night if I didn't know I would make the same choice. The more I hang out with you, the more I realize that all women are making a mistake (except for katie). You are loud, but it's part of your charm. I wish I had time to make what you don't call a Sarong today.

5) Kaitlin. Congratulations. I am really so very happy that you are happy. I miss you and blame only myself.

6) Tyson. I feel so so many things. I thank you for this lunch. Without it, I would be lost in a sea of assumptions.

Ok, I need to release use of this computer to other patient Saturn customers. If you weren't named, it means nothing. Those I just wanted to say, because they have been an integral part of my last 12 (or so) hours.

Oh, and I am going to Singapore. It took me a long time to decide, but I have not been this overwhelmingly happy about a choice I (not Scott) made in years.

Love,
beej

1 Comments:

  • Sweet Beej Magee-

    This almost made me cry. Almost. You know I don't do that sort of thing. But almost. I'm glad you're finally happy - or maybe a more accurate word is content. Either way, it's great.

    -Z

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home