Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, July 19

The week of disbelief.

Some highlights from last week:

1. Wednesday - Aaron and I arrive at 7-something Liberty Ave, the stage door of the Benedum. The security guard lets us in and directs us toward the stage. We walk for a few miles and reach the stage. Aaron correctly assesses that he could put up 2 shows in the amount of the stage that Tommy's not using. We see our new friend the Lighting Designer and he shows us around and introduces us to some people. We see the booth and the light plot, have an awkward conversation with an usher and return home.

2. Friday - Charlie and the Chocolate Factory rawked my sawks.

3. Friday - We meet Dr. Jearl Freaking Walker. He is SO cool. He lent us the only copies of his show, the Kinetic Karnival and talks to us for a bit. Dan Tasse got an autograph.

4. TMBG 1 - Corn Mo opens. Then "They Must Be Giants" opens. Then they come back and play the real show, followed by 2 encors. Wowzah.

5. TMBG 2 - We missed this one. It wasn't our fault.

6. Chubby Checker - So I'm sure everyone's heard this story. Here is the best picture from my phone. If you look carefully, you can see Chubby (middle, denim), Ram (the dark one, top right), and Aaron (the smudge behind the cymbal.

7. TMBG 3 - This one we saw. It was awesome. I stood to the side of the stage and could see Dan Hickey (I believe)'s bass drum pedal, which was most exciting. We also talked to this Dan.

8. Harry Potter. Yeah, this kicks ass.

9. Sunday - I helped my cousin move all day. I also made delicious cookies.

Ok, back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home