Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, May 16

Did I tell you I'd update or what?

What a crazy day today has been. Last night, before I posted, I wrote up to page 20 of my screenplay (I'm taking a screenwriting class). I was averaging 5 pages every 90 minutes. Yikes bikes. Before I went to sleep, I wrote an email I had been meaning to write for a week which asked my prof if we had to turn it in Tuesday or Wednesday. This morning at 10:30, I wake up to see her response: it is due by 5pm today! So I scrapped all the things I wanted to do and wrote a lot of screenplay. I managed to pump out 20 pages by 3pm, did some errands I also needed to do today, revised it for about 45 min (I looked at about 2 scenes, so it's mostly a first draft i.e. ass), and turned it in.

A failed and a successful dinner plan, some YouTube, a lot more homework (another assignment I realized was due at midnight tonight -- the 2 hours ago one) and a beer and here we are. I am done with college. I will not turn in another assignment (well that's not true, I turn in one tomorrow but it's done). All these accomplishments, and because we always miss each other's busy days, I go back home to a big empty bed.

Ok, enough mope, I have a surprising amount of updates for one day.

APARTMENT: The lease extension came through, so I am officially with shelter until August 1. Now I have to REALLY start looking for a place to live. I would also like to add "yard" to my list of things to look for.

SCHOOL: Well, outside of graduation, I guess this won't be a category anymore. But, hey, I wrote a screenplay! Well, 40 pages of one. And it isn't all bad. I think the story is good, it's very visual, and it moves. But it could use some more humor and another subplot or two.

GIRLS: Sometimes I think I understand them more than most guys. Then I realize I don't. I blame no one for myself (for not asking sooner), but my I seem to mind sleeping alone a lot more when I thought I might not have.

GRADUATION: I finally paid my PBK fee and also for that window I broke in Baker Hall, so it looks like I can graduate all fine. I am going to pick up my gown later than I thought I would because I am taking a hitherto unplanned trip to Cleveland tomorrow. Good for me.

MAGIC: So while I was waiting for NPP to come upstairs for the banquet, some kid's mom was waiting for him in UC 318. So naturally I showed her a coin trick, only she was impressed. So I did one of my standard vanish/appearance routines with a 50 cent piece and she said something like "Do you do this for audiences? My son did some magic, but this is really impressive." Naturally, I then had to apologize for not having cards on me (I didn't have my messenger bag -- now that school's out, I'll have to find another place to keep cards at all times), but I raised the stakes anyway by making her signed coin go through a table and land under her chair. I may not be a very good magician, but for those fleeting moments when they don't figure it out (or don't care to), when you really impress someone, it makes it all worthwhile. And if you're lucky, it will save you from being mugged.

Family: I called my mom on mother's day and asked her for money (I'm the worst son ever). I talked to my cousin who's in town from Florida and was all, "I keep missing you by so little. After Tuesday, I won't have any work to do." And he was all, "We're here for a week. Come after Tuesday." And I'm all, "That's not a bad idea." So I'm going home tomorrow (I should really go to bed). I hope my family's a little free despite the short notice.

All right, beer + not enough sleep + 2:22 am = me going to sleep. Hopefully I'll have time to post from Cleveland tomorrow.

1 Comments:

  • For the record... it's "soiree". Just sayin'.

    By Blogger Dan, at 6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home