Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, June 22

Life threw me a lemon. Or 10.

So many things suck right now. To name a few:

1. Alex is leaving. In 3 days. After which, I have a week of nothing but work, then I embark on a month of having a class 3 evenings a week. Talk about suck.

2. I always feel like I wasted this summer. I took 2 stupid classes when I could have been learning all sorts of things. Nina got an awesome IS internship that she doesn't even like (granted I wouldn't like a lot of what she doesn't like about it). I really liked working at Progressive, but I've never had the real intern experience (i.e. going to functions, having training, needing to get a project done, being taught things explicitly, etc.) Not only that, but it looks bad when I start applying for work. I virtually took a summer off. Not even working at "web design internship" or coding portlets or volunteering for a film company. What am I doing.

3. I am running out of things to cook. Considering I've been self-sufficient for under 2 months, that doesn't leave room for much interesting cooking for the next, oh, 70 years. Seriously. But I do keep getting something to keep me interested. Last week it was big pesto wraps and this week it's cinnamon bread

4. I kept typing "linging" instead of "lining" in #3.

5. Last night, after forgetting twice to bring a picture to campus I volunteered to scan for a group presentation, I embarked down for the 3rd time at about 10pm. I went to Hunt, scanned, and left, only to find that the 3 parking spaces I left open at my building were now full. I subsequently drove to my secret parking hideaway where I park in such situations to find it nearly full. As it is a small residential street with cars parked on both sides, I pulled as close to the sidewalk as I possibly could. I also pulled up so I wouldn't be in front of the house's walkway because I am soooo nice. Today, I return to said parking cove to find a yellow piece of paper under my windshield wiper. Yes, the 3rd parking violation I have received in the past few months. Only this one was for $55 because it is, and I quote, "illegal to park on sidewalk." Now I should have you note that this particular stretch of sidewalk has a very low curb and my wheel was arguably on the curb a bit, but nowhere near the actual sidewalk part. There was a good...well...however wide a sidewalk is of space for anyone to walk on. The ticket also said it was issued because of a complaint. So apparently old Suzie M. Assface doesn't like people parking outside of her house and decides to call the fuzz as soon as she sees half of my tire on her beloved curb side, telling the officer her electric rascal couldn't possibly maneuver around my little Saturn. In addition, I was cited for parking <20 feet from an intersection with a stop sign. It is true, the front of my car overlapped the area of sidewalk denoted by yellow paint that was touched up at least 70 years ago and is now just an occasional speckle. An overlap of about 6 inches that was obviously intentional considering the exessive visibility of said paint at 11pm. Well, we'll just see what the Pennsylvania Magistrate has to say about it, but I imagine it will be something to the tune of "give me $55."

6. My life has no direction. At least I don't have to deal with change on that front.

7. Jeff reminded me today that I told him I was going on vacation at some point. I still have no idea where to go or what to do. Upon asking my mother a few weeks ago if we were going on vacation, she replied, "I'm going on a few but I don't know what you are doing." Considering I just spent a semester sans employment and now work for $6 an hour, I doubt I am going very far without my mother.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. My OB presentation went surprisingly well this morning and theatrecraft is pushing along smoothly. I still have to do a lot to prepare for a new breed of young starry-eyed freshman looking for guidance as they attempt to forget the stresses of college life for two hours of improvisation, but I still have at least half a summer left.

1 Comments:

  • hm... well the good news is, I'm #1! whoO! I'm #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    oh yeah, and milkshakes.

    a"panama!"l

    By Blogger Alex, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home