Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, May 18

Ok, so I missed one.

Maybe two. But I have been traveling. I took a trip to Cleveland that no one (including myself until recently) understood. To the point that most of my family was all, "It's nice to see you. Why are you home?" Well you heard the Mother's Day story, but as I was driving from pgh, I couldn't help but think it was dumb to go home 1) for a day and a half and 2) with only a day's notice so everyone was busy. Well it turned out to be ok. There was some down time when everyone was busy, but I did some laundry, and played drums so much that I have 2 blisters and one layer of skin gone on part of my right index finger. I should get gloves.

On a related note, new skin is great. If you're like me, you've seen commercials and been like, "What a good idea!" "I wonder if it works!" or "Catchy jingle!" But I bought some after a remarkably delightful conversation with a CVS pharmacist and it's great. Painful, but great. You can walk around all day, wash your hands, eat from a pool of jello, and you have no pain from things brushing up against the bruise, no band-aids that come off, and there's antibiotic stuff on it. Great.

Without muchado,

APARTMENT: Not much news. I am going to suck at living somewhere. Where do I even start? Should I pick up one of those free real estate guides? Do I look online? Do I get a realtor? I just don't know. Eh, I'll just ignore it for another few days.

SCHOOL: Still over. This category is from now on gone.

GIRLS: Ugz bugz. I talked to Carrie last night for the first time in a little while. I am just so confused. At times, I am fine, life is good. Then I get home a little drunk one night, my graduation ceremonies beginning the next day, and I really miss her. Admittedly, I wanted to make out with her more than anything else, but I did miss her. So I called her and she is of course doing exactly what I told her to do. Even when we were dating I said she could see other people if it made her happy. She would get upset that her seeing other people didn't upset me. The fact is, it would have, it was just pain for me that seemed worthwhile because I was leaving in X months and (I assumed) Johnny Otherguy wasn't. Somehow, Gregory stings me more than he should, considering how much I truly do want her to get over me. Maybe it only stings because she really has. Ah well, life sucks right? She's probably the only one still reading this category anyway.

GRADUATION: is upon me. Let's take a tally:
  • Excited for: The ceremonies, listening to the non-boring speeches, my family being all proud of me, graduating.
  • Not excited for: the speeches that are all about "writing my own story," right after commencement when I will not know what to do, the day after when everyone who is leaving goes, more or less forever, graduating.

MAGIC: I was home, so as always, I did some tricks. Things like "so you got a trick coin" one never enjoys hearing. But how do you perform bite-away coin without everyone knowing you have a trick coin? I'll have to think about that. Maybe I should just not. Well, as always, some were impressed, most were not. My family is also primarily into figuring tricks out. I will say this though: I love doing tricks for people who are just impressed. Yet, empirically, I more often do tricks for people who figure them out. Maybe I just like trying to fool the people who can't be fooled. I don't know. But if I am going to do magic on the street, those are the people I need to learn to fool.

FAMILY: I saw them and it was pretty great. I hung out with my sister Tuesday night, saw The Inside Man and had delicious meatloaf. Lunch with lots of people Wednesday, talked to Dan about his stem-cell research, then dinner with lots of people. I had to leave early to get back to a meeting that didn't end up meeting, but just before I left, my fam all gathered around while I read my gram's graduation poem (she writes poems for every occassion) and it was just really nice. As much as I don't look forward to cloudy Pittsburgh, I am really glad to be close to them. I am even thinking of starting a new blog that they can read too, because I don't get to call them all enough.

And on that sappy note, I am off to my first potentially grueling ceremony. I think this one gets my name on a plaque in Skibo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home