Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, August 12

Mid-week Weekend.

So this was a crazy mid-week weekend. I worked until 3 on Tuesday and then I walked over to UPMC for a dermatologist appointment. When I was there the real doctor told me that this young woman who spoke reasonably poor English was going to "talk to me first." That was worthless and then the real doctor came and it was real again. It was interesting.

Then, my sister was supposed to leave Cleveland at 4, but she called at 4 saying she would leave at 4:30. This, I knew, meant the earliest I could expect her to leave was 5, and I turned out to be exactly right. In the mean time, I drove Adam to the bank and then we hung out for a bit. Which was fun. He told me he had 4 Pirates tickets and no one to go with, so I told him I'd ask the sis.

Jenny came and we made Apricot Pork Chops and Spaetzel. She got lost driving into Shadyside and was allegedly in an area where "shootings and dirty deals" were occuring. This area I can only assume to be East Liberty or Shadyside because all she did was drive down Center. We ate the delectible food, watched Digital Cable (we get like 5 channels at home because my mom doesn't watch TV), and then talked for a really long time. She made me see some things differently and I am eternally grateful for it. While I still have moments of despair and sadness, they seem to be coming less and less frequently, which is always a plus.

The next day we got Brugger's and Bubble Tea and talked to Scoot and Katie for 4.2 enjoyable seconds. We did the radio show and went to the Pirates game (drinking some beer in a bar before, and by drinking beer I mean Adam, his cousin, and Jenny drank beer while I enjoyed a tall glass of water), and then went to see the Donnie Darko director's cut. Which, while more depressing, was also much much better and subsequently worth more than the $5 I paid for it. (Which is good, because I actually paid $15).

Cookies were made this morning, I woke up a poor SigEp kid to get Jenny's stuff, and tried very unsuccessfully to give her directions home that didn't confuse her greatly. After stickering some stuff at work, my laptop is giving me solace from our temporary lack of working computer. So here's to one more night before the Yinzer Party and my own drive to Cleveland (raises glass)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home