Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, August 5

Up so close / I never get to see your face.

So much has happened all the time. I forgot to include in my last post about the end of my acting class. It was an interesting experience overall. Sometimes I felt I learned a lot, sometimes I felt like the professor told me a lot of stuff I already knew (one day he did an exercise I used in Earnest). But up until the last class, I felt like I was preventing myself from improving. I usually approached each monologue or scene like I was the one who had done the most acting, so I should be able to do really well. I then did pretty average most of the time, people in the class doing much better and people doing much worse. But finally on the last class, I stopped trying to compare myself to everyone and worrying about everything and to just do it. While I don't think it was amazing and I was the only person for whom the sound stopped recording, I really think it was the best I did all semester. Acting for the camera is hard, especially if you've acted on stage. I think.

Anyway, I just made a quiz. I'll post the link in a second. That was really fun though. I've made them before, but I think this one is pretty good.

I made a list of stuff I want to get done by the end of the summer. Then I wished I hadn't. There's so many things on it. Most of them are fun for some reason or another but there are just so many. And the important ones are less fun, so they are not getting done nearly as quickly. Man, this post kind of sucks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home