Rock on Kansas City

Friday, August 6

I'm such an ass.

So let's recap. When I was in Cleveland last week, I left my alarm clock. I needed to buy a new one anyway (I use 2), so I went to Target and bought one of the ones with actual bells that ring, hoping it would scare the poop out of my peacefully slumbering body and I would stay awake. Just in case, that didn't work, I set an alarm clock on my computer to fade in some Franz Ferdinand to serinade me awake. Anyway, yesterday, the bell alarm went off and I sleepily shut it off and returned promptly to my comforting pillow and warm bed. I forgot a little check mark on my computer program that tells my set alarm to actually go off, so I slept and slept until 11:58. I woke up and, knowing I had to be at work at noon, called the Video Collection. The girl, a nice girl I know from a variety of other places and at once may have respected me, told me she had to go, so she closed the collection for 15 min while I pedaled furiously.

All evening then, I was excited for my long-awaited day off work with no homework, no work, nothing to do but edit some videos, a long-awaited activity itself. I used to work Fridays, but then Jeff rehired this guy who used to work here and returned to Pgh unannounced and expecting employment and he took my Friday shift. So I make some muffins (which were delicious) and begin the preparations for my editing. At about 11:30, I suddenly remembered I had a haircut appointment today and looked to find it had been for 11am. I called and the slightly irritated haircut lady rescheduled. I was just about to begin something actually enjoyable when a thought out of nowhere flittered into my mind and panic started rushing through my body like poor people from a Bush rally.

Massa couldn't work today. I moved some appointments around because Jeff had asked me to work this Friday because no one else in the world could do it. "Maybe...it wasn't today," I thought, trying to scrape the bottom of the dignity barrel. So I called and when someone answered (it was now 1:30pm and I was again supposed to have been at work at noon), I was confused. "Umm...how late are you open today?" I asked in a mindless stupor. "Until about 2, and then I think we might reopen later," responded the equally confused girl. "Thank you," I responded, knowing full well the horrors I had now caused. Not only did I fuck up, but she, the same girl I had wronged the day before, had miserably stayed an extra hour and a half.

Again, I pedalled furiously, and got here. However, it was far too embarrassing to admit I had called and was confused to the point of asking how late we were open and then didn't correct myself at any point. So I made up a story close to the truth to explain how I had remembered, apologized profusely, and then worked for about 15min that I had signed her in for. She was pissed, and will almost assuredly stumble across this due to the addresses stored by Internet Pooplorer and loose any ounce of respect that might have been left.

Ah well. We only ever run into our coworkers here for a maximum of 1 min when shifts are changing. But that one minute might start sucking a lot. Why do I have an inability to remember things lately?!?

p.s. i forgot to bring ghost in the shell with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home