Rock on Kansas City

Monday, September 6

Cesspool of Cool.

So many things have happened since I last posted on an emotional front that it's not even worth getting into. I do want to say though that the removal of the lexor link on the right is not a bitter or angry move, but merely in the hopes that I won't feel the need to click it so often if it isn't there.

Other crazy things have happened. We had a Bat Boy production meeting. I am in charge, I guess, of making the video stuff happen at the end, which is an exciting, yet daunting task. I have some ideas with the potential to work really well, but do I have the experience, technical knowledge, and creative intuition to realize said potential? Time will tell.

Improv started. I'll post something when I know how I really feel about it.

Yesterday during the meeting I received an unexpected phone call. Steve, one of my best friends in high school (snevelis on the right) joined the Peace Corps and is going to Turkmenistan. He had a flight to Washington, D.C. today around now actually and will have some very basic training until Wednesday night when he leaves for his real training in Turkmenistan. He will be gone for 2 years with some vacations but not enough resources to take them in the states. So he is pretty much gone. The phone call that segued to this paragraph was in fact from him on the eve of his departure. He's leaving for 2 years and hadn't in fact started packing (he had merely stacked stuff together) by 9:30pm, but he still returned my call from a few days earlier. I have rarely felt so highly complimented. We had a nice little chat and I managed to avoid talking about myself the entire time. I did learn a lot about Turkmenistan and what the experience entails, but eventually his need to pack took over and so I now just await communication some time between a number of months and, well, 2 years from now.

Additionally, yesterday morning I walked back from Wizzo 403 to find a message on my answering machine in Amberson. It was from someone who I was not nearly good enough friends with in high school, but we've managed to become closer since. Laurel had moved in at Sarah Lawrence this weekend and had promptly pierced her lip. It's a little hoop, on the right side of her lower lip. I called her last night and left a voicemail which was apparently entertaining and resulted in a return call this morning. Still in awe of her coolness, she told me about all of the dance classes (she has like 8), acting classes (I think only one this semester, but it is her field of study), and other crazy classes she is taking and I realized how much happier I would be if I were her. Then again, I'd be much happier to be a lot of people right now.

I also realized how happy it always makes me to get a phone call. I guess it's kind of the reason Mulberry says "Somebody loves you" when I get new emails. I just know that someone thinks I'm worth the time and energy of dialing my number, and subsequently I can't be entirely void of worth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home