Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, August 31

Busy work.

I went to more classes today. My first professor thought the class was later, so he never showed up. So I talked to Nina a lot, made things out of note card paper, and bought a Jones soda. I also ran into Michael Cumin, which is always fun, and Zach (the one who's dating Katie Wallat, not the one with the curly black hair).

I guess I just assumed going to the first day of my classes would make it easy for me to decide what to keep and what to drop. It's not. Even harder in fact, because I want to keep all of them and have to start reading and working. But something has to go.

Everyone in the video collection can only work during the middle of the day. It sucks. I can't work any evening we are open, which means I will likely have to suck up an 8am regular shift.

Scott et al is going to Dumpy's tonight, I assume for all you can eat ribs or whatever. I regret not driving from Cleveland last time they went. I really want to go now. Stupid class!

In other news (a segue I seem to so often use), I was falling asleep in Database Applications today, when I decided to keep myself away by writing. I turned the page and just started to write. It was just thoughts that I so often have and so often tell people, always slightly more or less developed. It started to work its way into something that had lines instead of paragraphs. I don't want to say poetry because it's not. I was just writing words that happened to be on a new line where I felt like it. But it was freeing in some way. I would even post it if it wasn't a lot of what I always say I won't post in my blog.

Is there hope for the future? Will I ever be happy and whole and at peace again? I don't know. But Alex tells me I will. And I trust her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home