Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, July 6

Suddenly Seymour

Wow. This was one crazy weekend. Some highlights:

* Cake. If you know me, I've talked to you about it. It was amazing. At one point, I was but 7 feet or so from the feet of John McCrae. A-mazing.

* Whirley ball, laser tag, and a winking lizard. What more is there to say? SnS, I love you!

* A rather poopy evening of theatre.

* The poopy theatre did, however, get me into a very odd mood. It was odd too, because I knew it was odd, but there was not much I could do about it. I called Matt Heap, who had left me an odd message, and then watched reality bites while doing lots of laundry. I felt better.

* 4th of July party with the fam. For once, I was not arguing with my mother at all when home, as my sister was taking care of that for me. The picnic was fun and I hate 3 courses of lunch and 2 of dessert. Mmmmmm...so good.

* Drove back to Pittsburgh to party on the roof of Morewood. We played another excessively quick game of Bang! then watched at least 5 or 6 fireworks displays simultaneously. I also found myself the drummer for Little Shop by the end of the evening, a position which fills me with mixed emotions. It seals my audition possibility coffin (which is part of the reason I wanted to do it, though still excessively sad), but after playing through it, it proves to be challenging and fun. I still have no confidence about my drumming, but as I was alternative to seemingly worse possibilities, I'll just suck it up and do my best.

* Party continued at the Semler project. I was looking forward to getting drunk for once in my life, but not a drop of liquor touched my lips as I played Mario Sunshine for some horrifying number of straight hours. Though I did get into a bout with Zach which is always fun. I kind of like fighting people. Maybe I will take up boxing. I'm small and quick.

* Spiderman 2 was quite entertaining, despite my not seeing the entire movie. Jeff informs me this is because Lowe's does not staff one trained projectionist, but in fact relies on a handful to operate the camera's at all of the 22 screens. Subsequently, he has never seen a correctly projected movie. Spiderman, while mostly in focus, was in fact zoomed to the point that a bit of the bottom and top of the film were cut off, meaning I saw 5 or 6 inches less than the entire film.

* Playing a lot of Playstation and Dreamcast led me to believe that I should play more, because I really have no idea how these newfangled games work. Scott, Aaron, Ram, and Zach also led me to believe this.

* Stimulating conversation with Helen and Ram over a plate of $7 pancakes and a $3 shake at Eat 'n' Park. I think I should have gotten a discount, as I did no parking.

* Even more stimulating was the conversation with Aaron and Ram as we walked home from Squizzle. A very long talk about very little. Though it did open up a stunning film series possibility that Aaron and I came up with solely, as I don't even think anyone else was there.

* I wasn't that tired and was slacking on my goal of watching at least one movie every other night, so I watched some on demand. It was late, so I didn't embark on the journey of Time Bandits. After about 2 min. of a David Lynch film that involved Nicholas Cage (or the Nickster as I call him) beating some guy to a bloody pulp, I watched the entirety of Chasing Papi. It was an American film starring and made by Latin Americans about a smooth-talking sexy Latin man whose 3 girlfriends all find each other and become best friends in an attempt to get through the weekend. It was all about female empowerment. It was also one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

And so, my holiday weekend came to a close. An exceptional weekend with but one huge drawback. Not once did I see Alex and I talked to her for a sum total of about 5 min. I did call her a lot, but she was also quite busy. Although with blogs, actual human conversation seems less and less necessaary.

2 Comments:

  • I had no idea your intention was to get drunk. I would have helped you.
    -Z

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:46 PM  

  • I can't tell you how awesome it is that you are our drummer. I'm sad that this won't let you audition, but at least you're on the team.

    By Blogger Tyson, at 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home