Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, July 15

The Prince of Paris.

I've been working almost all day at work. Which sucks. I shifted all of the DVD's around and I labeled a box full of new movies. But labeling new DVD's allows me to see them, and many looked very interesting. For example, I was reminded of how much I still want to see Triplets of Belleville. Even the cover looks soooo cool.

I've been feeling a smidgen anti-social inexplicably since I got back from Philadelphia. I don't really know why. I've been aching inexplicably too. My back is much better today. But now explicably my neck hurts from looking down into a box of DVD's for an hour. But anyway, I only even went to Beth's last night because I figured I ought to interact with other humans. I'm glad I did, but I am still feeling like I'd much rather play Super Mario World in my apartment than hang out with people. At times I've felt quite the opposite too. I guess the grass is always greener. In the torrent of invitations this summer has provided me, perhaps I am just longing for the occasional evening at home with a movie and a freshly cooked dinner. Who knows? It will all pass eventually I'm sure.

I wish my relationship with Alex made more sense to me from time to time. Maybe I don't. Either way, I wish she was here. That's not true because I'm glad she's with friends and family and at camp. I wish all of that was here. Or something. You get the idea.

I have class again tonight. It seems like it's been a while, but that's likely because we just had our first two nights in a row of class. I was quite excited to see my professor's page on IMDb, but I don't really know how much I'll learn from this class at the end of the day. I personally don't think I'm improving very much. I'm not very good in practice, but I know some of what he's been teaching us. In fact, one of his exercises was one I did with the Earnest cast. If nothing else, though, it's good to see yourself on screen. Acting. And not like tapes of shows where you are a tiny body in the middle of a sea of poor quality video of some auditorium. But where the camera is right up on your face. Seeing every ugly portion and every move your eyebrow does and does not make. I was thinking of asking David (my professor) if he'd be interested in coming to run a workshop for TheatreCraft. Maybe for next year, as I think even Spring might be early to dabble in film. Maybe not. Even I could workshop some cold readings or some such things for the camera. It would be good for people to see themselves I think. It's eye-opening.

1 Comments:

  • The Triplets of Belleville is really, really good.
    -Z

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home