Rock on Kansas City

Tuesday, July 27

This Girl Wide Web is hot stuff.

This weekend seemed very long.  I beat Super Mario World with an 88% which is better than I've done before.  I went to a fun part in which I didn't have much fun.  I don't know what it was.  It felt like I didn't have much to talk about (ironic, i know) and I couldn't drink much because I had to drive home.  So I sat on a couch for a while.  After an hour I figured if I am sitting on a couch I might as well be playing nintendo.  I felt bad for being a bad guest as Beth was not a fan of any of the ways I tried to amuse myself, so I went home.  I don't even remember what I did, probably played nintendo.

I decided at some point I should really start doing some of the things I set out to do this summer.  I am working on my Convergys scholarship application, slowly, but surely and I am trying to get my hands on a Fifth Year Scholars application.  I met with Judy and she gave me the Fullbright information and application.  It's the size of a very large magazine.  Horrifying but it sounds amazing.  They basically send you anywhere in the world and give you money to do whatever you want (go to school, do a project, research, etc.).  It also looks quite impressive on a resume says Ms. Zang.  Unfortunately, the chances are exorbitantly small of me getting in.  But I'm crazy so I will probably apply.

I have also begun another small project, which is generally equivalent to sending the fidelity video project to the gallows.  I also thought about making a video for Dan and Mel's wedding, but as it's this weekend, I think I dropped the ball on that one.  I think I will take intermediate filmmaking.  I don't know when but I will.  If this Fullbright thing works out, I will not need to go abroad for so long in school.  Which means I will likely revert back to my summer in London plan, giving me a full 9 months away from Alex.  But it will let me be here in the fall of my senior year which is the ideal (and possibly only) time to take said filmmaking class, which is arguably important.

This is getting excessive.  One last point and I warn you it is scary.  If you're me.  I don't know what to do.  I really want to do something with film because all of my jobs/internships have all been up IS creek.  But after I graduate, no one will give me an IS internship anymore.  This is the only time I have to do one and the fact is that they are so prevalently available that most companies almost require some real-world experience.

That's ass.

Why can't someone just pay me to do whatever the hell I want!

Oh and for the first time, I'm feeling a bit like I might not be a horrible AD come fall.  The jury's still out on that one because these things always work out better in my head.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home