Rock on Kansas City

Monday, August 16

Ups and Downs.

Last night, I helped my sister carry a lot of heavy things down stairs. She's moving to Nashville this weekend, which is scary a little bit, but I am quite proud of her. She's almost like a real person now. Anyway, in the course of this process, my mother was trying to superglue the handle back onto her Segway (it's actually her company's and she has to send it all over the country for demos, and it got broken off in shipping). She came upstairs with two of her fingers glued together and two glued to the bottle of superglue. After getting over the utter ridiculousness of the situation, we realized her fingers were actually completely inseperable. My sister and I soaked the fingers in alcohol and warm soapy water and Jenny massaged them until they came unstuck (in just under an hour). I don't remember laughing that much in a long time. I find it surprising how much I have been enjoying this trip home, despite none of my good friends being here. It made me feel much better.

I drummed through most of Bat Boy yesterday. While the opening couple songs are fun, the rest is pretty boring. The music is in more interesting time sigs than Little Shop, but it's mostly crash here, hit the bass drum here, and less actual rock drumming. But I am still really looking forward to being in a pit, even if we are on the stairs in McConomy.

People really liked The Fool. That makes me inexplicably happy. It was so much work and I remember sitting in Webster the night before we were supposed to start filming thiniking "This is insane! I can't do this! There's so much to do and I don't know anything about it." So I'm glad it turned out well. It, more than anything up until now, gets me really excited about possibly actually pursuing something interesting for once.

Speaking of which, I had coffee with my friend Laurel who I hadn't seen in far too long. It was buckets of fun, and I found out she is going to Sarah Lawrence to study acting. So I kind of hate her. While most people I've ever known to pursue the craft mostly sucked, she's actually quite talented in my opinion, so I hate her even more. But that's so cool for her. And I told her I would come visit her (and I added that really meant come see shows in her company).

I also learned that Cake sounds so much different in this kind of a time in a person's life. So much different.

Today's been overall a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home