Rock on Kansas City

Wednesday, October 20

Craptastic day.

so I went to work at 8 freaking am which i hadn't done in a week because i took monday off. i didn't get any work done, but i did manage to aim a lot which was nice. Then I came home and had a lot of work to do. I wanted to do some homework, reconcile some bank statements, make lunch, do laundry, etc. before the kerry rally. instead i walked in, fell on my bed, and slept for 3 hours.

so i woke up and sorted all my laundry, removed the staples from my newly aquired thrift store clothes and took my big ol' laundry bag down to the laundry room. i returned to retrieve the detergent and laundry card i forgot, only to find that my laundry card had a total of $0.50 on it. Including my towels, sheets (which I was walking), a load of delicates (i had a lot for some reason), and clothes from the past however many weeks, I needed to do 4 loads, so 50 cents wouldn't cut it. i reach into my wallet and as i realized at the end of the line at ginger's deli yesterday, i have not a dollar on me. i thought i would go to the atm in the uc (i needed to return the video key to hunt that i accidentally stole again), but then remembered that kerry=no way to get to campus shy of walking and as i was just going and coming back, i didn't want to walk.

i should note that already at this point i was running out of time to finish my laundry by 6. anyway i drove to the skeevy atm on craig and withdrew some money. the machine beeped to remind me to take my card but of course no card came out. i looked in and saw it stuck there. it sucked back in and tried to spit back out, still to no avail. i tried to lift it out with my mailbox key (which i am sure will get me arrested if someone looks at the security tape) and it sucked back in, displaying the following helpful message: "Your card has been retained. Please contact your financial institution"

no work has been done, i hadn't eaten since 7:30am and now i have no atm card. i went home and took my laundry back down stairs. for the first time since i began living here, someone else was actually doing laundry when i wanted to, meaning i had to do two distinct sets of loads (we have but 4 washers). i now had no chance of seeing john kerry (i had to do laundry as i have to drive to cleveland airport tomorrow night), no citizens card, and absolutely no homework done.

i called citizens and they told me because the atm was not at a branch, they have to cancel my card and send me a new one, taking 3-5 business days. ugh, john's probably all introduced and talking and bon jovi's drinking his post-show water or something. but i am in my cave on morewood ave, waiting for my clothes to stop being wet.

1 Comments:

  • I heart Beej! Come to NYC with me! You can be the white chocolate tree or something in The Wiz! :)
    -ka"jealous you're on your way to nashville and i'm still in the northern u.s."mi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home