Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, August 19

Race car ya-ya's.

Well I've found these past few days to be quite interesting. I am constantly being either entirely selfish (playing PS2 or working on personal projects) or being mostly selfless (shoveling the ditch out for my mother or moving furniture with my sister). The mix has led me to accomplish a lot and feel a little warm and fuzzy inside all at the same time. While Alex would assuredly mock these sentiments, it's true.

No one is here. My friend Laurel I hung out with and everyone else in the entire town of Bainbridge, OH is gone. I went out to dinner with my mom tonight. While enjoyable, not my idea of a night on the town.

This summer is finally looking like it will have been productive. Already, I am fearing the impending doom of Fall semester. Classes alone would be scary, but factor in 30 inexperienced improvers and a board project that sounds good on paper to all but those who we are trying to get come help with it, and you have yourself a regular mess. Not to mention all of the lovely little reminders of that other thing I get to deal with.

What is this post even about? No one knows. For a fleeting, glimmering, golden day or two this summer I felt really at peace with myself. Now that's mostly flushed down the shitter.

5 Comments:

  • "A board project that sounds good on paper to all but those who we are trying to get come help with it"...Watchu talkin' 'bout, gray?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:55 AM  

  • It's going to be great, Beej. Also, I <3 Beej.

    By Blogger Tyson, at 9:29 AM  

  • all the people we sent letters to actually thought it was a good idea but were unable to help for one reason or another except one, who gave us a maybe. it was all posted. that's all i'm talking about.

    By Blogger Brian, at 4:12 PM  

  • My grandparents are still in Bainbridge! I know that sounds ridiculous, but Grammy Bryson is more fun than a cheap date and a handle of vodka, which was once part of the deal I hear. Our Grammys should hang out.

    By Blogger Adam Atkinson, at 10:41 PM  

  • Oh, never mind. I thought you were talking about Bat Boy, as it is, technically, a board project. My mistake.

    Sorry.

    -Z

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home