Rock on Kansas City

Sunday, October 24

Land of country music and aviators.

so i am spending the weekend with my sister and her boy toy out in the dolly partonized town of nashville. it actually isn't nearly as hicky as i thought it would be. it's pretty much like any other city only with more bright neon signs depicting cowboys. as of yet, it's been a lot of fun. here's a list of new things i have done this weekend:

- went to nashville
- flew on a plane alone without getting overly confused all the time
- flew on a plane with no assigned seats
- saw my sister's apartment, which could realistically be the apartment of a newly married couple. it's awesome and real feeling.
- went to a bar
- saw jenny's friend from school (who i have met a number of times) perform at said bar
- saw travis (the bf) play his bass in a band-type situation
- talked drums for at least an hour with the drummer of said band (who's amazing)
- went to caffiene, the coolest coffee shop / restaraunt in all of time
- saw the biggest pumpkins i have ever seen. they were freaking huge
- went to a food court that had both two guys with guitars and a drum machine playing country hits and an asian gift shop
- bought a pumpkin and carved it with my sister. this is new only because my mom wasn't there and i was the one who knew what i was doing.
- drank alcohol in the presence of family members
- watched aqua teen hunger force (ok, i've seen like AN episode before)
- got a relayed prank call

that's about it up until now. team america and other crazy things to come. oh, and here's a list of things that i have done this weekend that i have done many times in the past:

- drank alcohol
- felt unfulfilled by my field of study
- got told by my sister i was arguing with her when i didn't think i was
- wanted to call a lot of people to tell them i love them right before my plane took off in case of death. since i still have a return flight to look forward to, that reminds me. i love you. seriously. if you are reading this far into this post you have probably shaped my life in some way and i appreciate that and love you for it.
- actually missed pgh. i am stupid
- wished i could be involved with rumors

that's it for now. i am going to sleep because there is no reason for me to blogging from nashville. seriously. i saw this guy come into a meat shop saying (with a super thick hick country accent "i wanna get me some a' that cheese." i should be out driving a huge truck and saying stuff like that. ahh...i am leaving...

3 Comments:

  • it involved ken tew.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 AM  

  • Hee hee hee.. "I'ma gonna get me somma that cheese."

    I heart you.

    By Blogger Tyson, at 11:04 AM  

  • So.

    You're full of Southern jokes, huh? *writes down on her "Things Brian Gray had Done" list*

    That will be taken into consideration. I heart you! :)
    -Kami

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home