Rock on Kansas City

Monday, December 6

Chain of varying furtune.

I cannot tell a lie, I was a wee bit worried last night that on the walk from my sketchy-ass parking garage (a sketchy garage where asses park) to my apartment building, that my tiny, defenseless live flesh body would be viciously attacked by a lurking zombie. Mainly because, contrary to popular belief, they move very quickly (or at least they do in Dawn of the Dead).

Now as the events of last night transpired, apparently the combination of the late night and the fact that I was thinking more of ways to protect against the evil undead than setting my alarm, led me to remain sleeping until 9am this morning (I was supposed to work at 8) when I got a call from the American Heart Association to whom I have apparently donated money in the past. While I was (and am) still upset that they called me at 9am, it did allow me to wake up, realize it was 9am, and leave my apartment 7 min later. I was in Hunt by 9:25 and went to the front desk to see that someone had already checked out the Video key.

Lucky me, when I asked Jeff if I could not work my Monday or Wed shift this week, he found someone else and decided not to tell me. That's ok though (in fact quite lovely) because it meant I could get some work done this morning (instead of blogging of course) and I secretly hate my job, so I decided to walk over to Zebra lounge to get a delicious peanut butter brownie and tall glass of water and walk to the UC.

I was halfway through my brownie when it occurred to me that I am supposed to be fasting as of 2am last night in order to get blood drawn today for tests that require 12 hours of fasting. Well, you win some, you lose some.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home