Rock on Kansas City

Thursday, November 4

And the overweight Americans wear their patriotic jump suits.

So I guess it's all over. GW 2k4. 4 more years.

At the end of the day, I have just been inspired by a number of people. There's nothing anyone can do now but hope for a brighter future. Hope that the Democrats will take this as an opportunity to build a stronger party. Hope the liberal thinkers can continue to try to affect the minds of others.

To be honest, though, the part that honestly surprised me most was not GW. I mean, I wanted to Kerry to win and I thought he campaigned as well as anyone could have and had a serious shot. But I've seen the blind, ignorance-driven Bush support. The part that surprised me was the number of states that voted (all with relatively significant margins) to ban same-sex marriages. In a time where we all look back and find it unfathomable to believe that skin color once affected how much of a person you were considered, here we are saying one person should have this right but another should not because of who these people are.

But isn't learning from it's past what America's best at?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home