Rock on Kansas City

Friday, November 19

W00ter

I was sitting doing homework last night when I realized what an unbelievable day had been winding to a close. Let me give you some highlights, fine blog readers:

1. 2 letters from people at home, both long enough to be wonderful and make me wish I had time before I see these people in a week to write back.

2. A random encounter with someone who always makes me smile.

3. Watching spongebob and eating ice cream.

4. A wild 2 hour shopping spree which included chick-fil-A, me learning how expensive formal dresses can be (not for me, or was it? no it wasn't), and me buying a hat that people told me makes me look like a 60 year old golfer and gay. I love it.

5. My first ever venture into Victoria's Secret (also a store I didn't go into for my own purposes). I had never actually been in one before. There is underwear everywhere. I would try to lean on a table and my hand would just encounter a big pile of barely enough cloth to cover a young lady's happy place. That place is SCANDALOUS. Though I did leave with a bit of regret, it was altogether an eye-opening experience.

6. Suddenly teaching improv. So it was a PG rehearsal for regular workshop people. I didn't expect it to happen, but I kind of liked it. I don't think people really learn that way, because it doesn't teach them to make these choices without a 3rd party watching from the outside and helping, but maybe it shows them something that can help when evaluating future decisions.

7. Postering. Though it was likely too late to much matter and it was one of the few times I've postered alone this semester, I secretly kind of enjoy postering the buildings I like. I never have time for it, but I really don't mind.

8. Getting a most unexpected answering machine message from a friend from high school. She described for me her dissappointment with being at a theatre school 30 min outside of NYC and while I feel like I would switch places with her in a heartbeat, I felt really bad that she has been overwhelmed thinking that her college is not the place for her (both academically and socially). The good part of course was not the somber nature, but the fact that I hadn't talked to her since the summer and it made me miss her like a banchee because I suddenly realized how long it's been since we've spoken. We made some plans and now I am even more excited for the good food, family, and hanging out with random high school people (also including one of my guy friends from high school who is now burly, shaggy and facebook messaged me the other day).

9. Nina being the giddiest I have ever seen her probably since the first week of freshman year when we would pass Visor Boy on the cut. My god. The girl was spewing out nonsensical syllables all the night long. It was fantastic. Girl likes boy, boy likes girl (in my opinion), what more can you ask for?

10. Finishing the coding portion of my 272 assignment (which is most of it), finishing my part of my databases group project part 1, and reading over my 272 assignment.

Wow. That's 10 things of awesome. So much awesome that it far overshadows the most awkward 90 min of my life that also happened today. I would tell y'all about that, but in mentioning it yesterday, I realized it would take another 14 pages of mindless rambling to describe all of the circumstances that led to the exessive awkwardness, so I won't.

The damn NPP stopwatch beeped like every 15 min last night so I didn't get a lot of sleep. Now it's noon and I've done nothing. Off to work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home